Procurement (Selection and Contracting)
We conducted many selection procedures for different clients. These missions often included requirements gathering, writing and submitting RFQ's to potential Suppliers, evaluating the solutions and proposals, negotiating and setting up the Contract and Statement of Work.
Evaluation and selection of solutions:
Customer Relation (CRM) and Order Management (OM) systems (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP).
Revenue (CCB) and receivable (AR) systems (CSG Systems, Convergys, SAP, Amdocs, LHS, Portal Software);
Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow and Business Rules (BR) engines (TIBCO, Lombardi, PegaSystems, IBM WebSphere, Ilog, Microsoft Workflow Foundation and BizTalk).
Business Intelligence (BI) systems (Cognos, BusinessObjects, SAS)
Document and Content Management (EDM/ECM/WCM) systems (Eastman Kodak, Insci, FileNet, Xerox)
Project Portfolio Management (PMP) tools (Clarity, Planisware, Open Workbench, MS project)
Insurance systems. Evaluation and selection of Insurance solutions for companies (life and non-life insurance, policies and claims) and for brokers
Financials packages. Evaluation and selection of accounting packages for small and mid size companies
Negotiations & Contracting:
Fixed Price and Time & Material agreements with one or several suppliers and third-parties;
Contract including project delivery, licence agreements, maintenance services;
- Contract covering the delivery of IT services (help desk, support & maintenance)
- Contract including onshore, nearshore and offshore resources
- Service Level Agreements.
Management (Project, Program, Test)
Consultants from UpperCase took a leading / management role in various projects. The project team was most often composed of internal and external resources and the role usually implied the management of a supplier.
- End-to-End management of Software Integration projects/programs:
- Integration of system software (middleware, DBMS, development and testing tools);
- Integration of application software (CRM, mediation device, rating, billing, bill presentment, account receivable, collection, financials);
- Management of specific project phases:
- Selection processes;
- Requirement specifications and Solution Design;
- Integration, System and Acceptance Testing;
- Data Migration;
- Team Management:
Management of technical teams (developers, testers, dba's);
Management of functional teams (analysts, architects;
- Implementing and coaching on project management methodologies, tools and techniques;
- Setting up planning and reporting tools for the PMO;
- Management consultancy:
- Quality audits on software quality, on project management processes;
- Setting up project governance;
- Business Cases and Project Charter development.
Business Analysis and Solution Design
We carried out many missions related to Business Analysis and Solution Design. This goes from business process modelling to requirements specifications to the design of solution architecture
Business processes management. Documenting and modelling "as-is" and "to-be" situation in various businesses (Individual and Collective Insurance, Non-Life insurance, Order Management, Billing and Collection, Document Management) using various modelling techniques and tools;
- Requirements management. Requirements specifications eventually as part of selection processes (see above) in different business domains (see above) and using modelling techniques and tools;
- Solution design. Design of solutions (data base design, software architecture, components specifications).
We provided services in different areas of service management:
- Setting up a Help Desk function;
Specifying and providing support in the implementation of Release & Deployment Management services;
- Specifying and organising the functions of Incident, Problem and Change management;
- Definition and execution of Service Level Agreement (SLA) in areas such as bill printing, office automation, internet access.